Sunday, May 22, 2011

Neglecting My Cadence Blog

Lately I have been unintentionally neglecting this blog and focusing on Kata Chimes In, where I have been writing about my experiences reading the Hugo Award winning novels. I have now started reading the Hugo Award novel nominees for 2011 and some of their prequels. Once I am caught up, I expect to be spending less time reading and more time writing.

So many books, so little time,
I have been neglecting my rhyme.

Reading, always a faithful friend,
Conspires to set my world on end.

Last June a thought said in my head,
“All Hugo winners can be read.”

Science Fiction and Fantasy
Awards given over half a century.

While my mind is in an unknown land
No lines of verse have come from my hand.

Soon the trend will run its course
Cadence again the main force.

No comments:

Post a Comment