Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Diet and Exercise

In January I felt like a pudge muffin. One week it was so bad that I actually refused to go to my martial arts class because I felt so fat. This week when I weighed myself I found out that I had overshot my goal and was still losing weight. Now I feel confused.

Dear God,
Growing up my religious teachers would sometimes tell me that my body was the temple of God, but I so seldom understood that. Help me to treat my body as lovingly as I would the walls of Your house. Teach me how to turn off the images from the media that play in my head and listen to your Divine guidance. Guide me in choosing the foods that are both enjoyable to my senses and provide life flourishing nourishment to my body. Guide me to an exercise routine that brings me joy and is just right for my unique body. Guide me to find the time and motivation to exercise regularly. Help me to be gentle and patient with myself. Thank you for my body temple.
A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment