Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Care without Feeling Consumed

A dear friend of mine is destroying her tummy because she is worrying so much about other people’s problems. Last service we offered her various affirmations and visualization exercises. I think many of us work hard to be concerned without being overly attached.

I can care without feeling consumed by other people’s problems. I offer up prayers or affirmations for those I am concerned about. But I also recognize that the outcome is between the individual and God. I release my attachment to the situation. Perhaps I imagine it being placed in the hands of God or an angel, sent on the wings of an eagle, or surrounded by a beautiful bubble floating up to the heavens. I feel my body relax and give thanks that the highest good is now being done.

No comments:

Post a Comment