Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

While going through my mother’s things, I found a small box that contained some mementos from WWII. I believe that my mother wore this pin to signify that she had two family members serving in the war. For my mother, Memorial Day was not only a day to remember the dead, especially those who had lost their lives serving in the war, but also a day of thanksgiving, remembering that her two brothers came back alive.

Dear God, thank you for the lives of the men and women who died defending this country. Thank you for the lives of those who fought and came back alive. I especially thank you for the many years I had with my uncles, all the laughter and the lessons. Also thank you for all the men and women who continue to risk their lives for this country.

No comments:

Post a Comment