Saturday, December 24, 2011

The Blessing of New Traditions

Last Sunday after the church service, I participated in the church’s annual caroling and cookie sharing. It was my first time, and I sang at the top of my lungs, not caring whether I was off key. I haven’t had that much fun at Christmastime since before my mother passed away. This year I have been very open to where Spirit wants to lead me in celebrating Christmas.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
May you hold old traditions tenderly in your heart 
But also allow new traditions a chance to start. 

May you find what brings you joy in this changing time
What makes love, peace, and fellowship come to your mind. 

May you cultivate the simple, remember what is true 
Create a holiday that is just right for your loved ones and you.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
 -----------------

No comments:

Post a Comment