Sunday, December 26, 2010

The Blessing of Flexibility

Imagine that you have reached into a basket and pulled out a piece of paper with the word  FLEXIBILITY on it. If you are like me, you laugh at yourself and mutter something like “figures” or “I need that today.” It seems life never quite goes as planned. Half of the guests scheduled to come to our Christmas dinner had to cancel out because they were sick. Internet Explorer didn’t open for me for a time this morning. My New Year’s Eve hostess just called from the grocery store and was befuddled because her favorite appetizer was nowhere in sight. None of these things are bad. They just required a little restructuring of plans. In response, I try to ask myself what I really want to accomplish and how else I can achieve the same end. So we sent leftovers home to the sick and enjoyed those who were able to attend Christmas dinner; I used Firefox instead of IE; my hostess looks for a new favorite or goes to a store she doesn’t often frequent. Here is a blessing that many of us need.

May you be blessed with flexibility in body, mind and spirit.

May your body bend and stretch easily and comfortably.

When things don’t go as planned, may you still feel calm and confident about being able to fulfill your larger goal. May you quickly be inspired with new ideas.May you find even better methods, routes, and solutions; ones that end up delighting you.

May you feel a confidence in your Creator, allowing life to unfold serendipitously. After praying or doing affirmations, may you trust the words “this or something even better now manifests in my life.”

No comments:

Post a Comment