Saturday, December 4, 2010

Serenity

In Sharon Shinn’s fantasy novel Troubled Waters, one word blessings are printed on small tokens found in temples. I have been using a list in the beginning of the book as inspiration to help me create seed thoughts for my blog. My seed thought for today was serenity. My mind, of course, needed to get into the act and question the difference between peace-- another seed thought--and serenity, leading me to a wonderful, inspirational link. Here is the blessing I wrote:

Despite all the striving and stress that may appear around you, may you feel the Spirit of Serenity today.

May you know the tranquility that is found in quiet moments:
Watching a sailboat glide across calm waters on a sunny day or a butterfly glide on a gentle current,
Looking at the stars on a clear summer night,
Listening to the sound of a flute in the distance,
Gently folding your hands before grace is said.

No comments:

Post a Comment