Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Prayer for New Zealand

I confess that I have been rather wrapped up in my own personal drama lately. When I turned on the television this morning to check the weather, I heard about the earthquake in New Zealand. My love and prayers go out to all those affected by the earthquake. (I am using a more common format for my prayer today.)

Dear God,
Please be with the people of New Zealand today and in the weeks and months to come. Be with the searchers and rescuers, helping them to find any missing people quickly, giving them strength to free those who have been trapped. Be with the injured, giving them courage, healing them of their physical and emotional wounds. Be with those who have lost loved ones, wrapping your love around them and comforting them. Be with all of those affected by the earthquake, giving them strength, wisdom, and hope as they rebuild their lives and their communities. Let them know that you are always with them as a stable presence in their lives. A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment