Friday, September 24, 2010

Doing What Is Before Me

I had thought my deacon days were over, but I was wrong, at least this week. Donna, our minister has been sick and had to be hospitalized a few days ago. Our dwindling merry band is now down to a handful of members. Depending upon the week, half the members can be in their eighties and nineties. Sometimes I question whether I should even keep on going to the church. Today I need to get my brain off all my other vocational and avocational interests and focus on putting together a service for Sunday.

God, I am willing to listen today. Help me to get all the preconceived notions out of my head about the way things should be and to be fully open to Divine inspiration. God, I am willing to love today. My job is not to focus my attention on why people are in my life but rather to be a clear channel for your love. My job is to see the beauty, wisdom, and the good in each person I encounter. God, I am willing to be present today. Help me to hold each moment as sacred and to perform to the best of my ability the task that is before me. God, I am willing to know joy today. Help me to have fun and to have passion for everything I do.

No comments:

Post a Comment