Friday, October 29, 2010

Dawn

The world seemed almost perfect to me as I walked to the library just as it was opening this morning. After a few days of almost 50 mile an hour winds, the air was cool and crisp, but comfortable as I tried out my new ear wraps. The sun was softly filtered through the bare branches of trees. The squirrels were playing with each other and, I thought, with passing humans. Even the librarians seemed to have a look of bliss, as if to say, “yes, now I remember why I wanted to be a librarian.” Actually, I think they just had a bunch of new books processed and were excited to see them.

Here is a beautiful quote from Ernest Holmes:

When the dawn breaks and the shadows flee, when the hills are touched with the rosy glow of the sun’s first rays, I wake to the thought that I am one with all life. I lift mine eyes to the Eastern sky and sing with joy of one who beholds the Eternal Presence in everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment