Friday, October 1, 2010

Dying Friend

Yesterday afternoon, I went to say good-bye to Gwenne, my 91 year old friend from church who is on her deathbed. Between pain medication and the dying process, she was in some between state and didn’t or couldn’t swim up to acknowledge us. She is dying at home with her daughter and a nurse nearby.

I can’t pretend to know what it like to die,
But I do know I want to bless you with all my heart.

May you feel the love of all us praying for you today.

May you be aware of the gratitude we send to you
For your friendship, your wisdom, your tenacity,
And for so many other contributions you have made to our lives.
We are better because of knowing you.

May your transition be gentle and peaceful.

May the angels you loved so much in life
Now guide you to the other side.

May you be met by friends and family who have gone before.
May happy reunions await you.

May you be enfolded in God’s light and love now
And forever more.

No comments:

Post a Comment