Friday, January 14, 2011

The Blessing of Clarity


Today, when you reach into the blessing bowl*, you pull out a small metal token embossed with the word CLARITY. What does it mean to you? My reaction was “yes, this is what I need today.” New Thought philosophy believes that we benefit from thinking about what our lives would be like if we had what we now want. For the last few days I have been asking myself: “What would this situation be like if it was blessed with clarity?” In response, I found myself writing a series of mini-blessings, rather than a longer blessing like I normally do.

May the Spirit of Clarity bless you today.

May any confusion quickly disappear
And the truth of the situation become perfectly clear.

May any scattered thoughts quickly melt away
And focused thinking rule the day.

If too many details threaten to overwhelm
May the big picture take the helm.

May any hidden influences no longer be concealed
And the answer you need now be revealed.


*The idea of the blessing bowl was inspired by the novel Troubles Waters by Sharron Shinn. I have also been to bookstores, churches, and workshops that have had baskets or bowls from which people could draw small cards to be used as inspiration or as a focus for contemplation.

No comments:

Post a Comment