Wednesday, January 19, 2011

The Blessing of Fertility--Baby

The next blessing is FERTILITY, which I have decided to separate into two blessings. (I’ll post a blessing for mental fertility in an upcoming blog.) I was born after my parents had been married fourteen years. My mom had a number of miscarriages before my birth and a still-birth a few years later; I am an only child. I know how desperately she wanted a child. In retrospect, I see how that experience shaded her whole life.

May you soon hold in your arms the child you have for so long held in your heart.

May you be helped by health professionals who are compassionate, knowledgeable, and adept.

May your body be your friend and may you send it loving and peaceful thoughts.

May you easily conceive and easily nurture a developing life within you.

May you know the joy of giving birth to a healthy baby.

No comments:

Post a Comment