Monday, January 10, 2011

Prayer for Tucson Shooting

I believe in the power of affirmative prayers, but I am not always sure how to write them in response to a tragedy. I usually just like to imagine white light surrounding everyone: quick and to the point. I am sending lots of healing energy to Tucson.

Dear God,

I know that you are with all those who have lost loved ones in the tragedy in Tucson, comforting them, healing their hearts. I know that you are also with those who were injured in the shooting, healing their physical and emotional wounds. Your wisdom flows through the doctors who are treating them. Your soothing presence and strength enfolds their families, friends, and those who care about them. I also know that your wisdom and love flows through us as a nation, helping us to make sense of this tragedy. A-men.

No comments:

Post a Comment