Sunday, November 21, 2010

Cynicism

If jealousy is the green-eyed monster, is cynicism the monster that rolls her eyes?

I love myself unconditionally, even the parts of me that have been hurt by disappointment or that don’t believe good things can happen. At the same time, I do not need to allow cynicism to control my thoughts and actions. I can give my attention and my energy to the part of me that believes "With God all things are possible." I can choose to look for little miracles, synchronicities, and coincidences. I can choose to seek out stories of people who have beaten the odds or defied the naysayers, despite poor economic conditions, disabilities, discrimination, poor health or other obstacles. I choose to risk looking the fool in exchange for the possibility of living a better life.

No comments:

Post a Comment