Wednesday, November 24, 2010

A Daisy Chain of Gratitude

Even as I type, my aunt who lives in assisted living should be opening up her Thanksgiving Day card from me: a hug in an envelope. This seems like the perfect subject for a little “daisy chain of gratitude.”


I am grateful that I have an aunt who loves me and is fun to talk with on the phone.

I am grateful for …
  • The assisted living staff that helps take care of my aunt and brought the card into her room,
  • All the various postal workers who sold me the stamp, processed the card and drove it over a hundred miles, and finally delivered it,
  • The clerk who sold me the card and the drugstore that still carries greeting cards despite us living in the age of texting and Facebook,
  • The artist and writer who created the greeting card,
  • The workers at the paper mill and printing company,
  • And other assorted other people who helped me let my aunt know I am thinking of her this holiday.

No comments:

Post a Comment