Friday, November 5, 2010

Haiti & Indonesia

This is a hybrid prayer, affirmation, and meditation, similar to ones that I have used at our church during open prayer when I have been conducting the service.

Dear God, I so easily get caught up in the drama of my life, my friends’ lives, politics, and even sometimes celebrities. Today, I take seriously the Prayer of Saint Francis and allow myself to be “an instrument of your peace.” As I go about my day, I choose to devote some time experiencing your love and healing surrounding the peoples of Haiti and Indonesia. I may visualize a white light filling the islands, angels holding hands as they surround the countries, or see them resting in the heart of my loving creator. I may choose to say an affirmation of peace, healing or divine order. I may choose to light a candle and say my own special prayer. I may choose to take some other action. Whatever I do, I know I am not alone. My thoughts and prayers join with those being said and felt by people all around the world. I believe there is power when two or more are gathered—even if only in spirit--in your name. I believe that we are your instruments helping to bring good to the peoples of Haiti and Indonesia.

No comments:

Post a Comment